This Standard describes the procedures to be followed and the precautions to be taken when performing trauma and crime scene cleanup regardless of surface, item, or location.
This standard assumes that all scenes have been released by law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
Trauma and crime scene cleanup consists of the following components for which procedures are described in this Standard:
- Principles of Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup
- Safety and Health
- Biocide and Antimicrobial Technology
- Administrative Procedures, Documentation, and Risk Management
- Inspection and Preliminary Determination
- Equipment and Tools
- Limitations, Complexities, Complications, and Conflicts
- Structural Remediation
- Vehicle and Machinery Construction
- Contents Remediation
- Containment and Disposal of Waste or Sharps
- Confirmation of Cleanliness